Wednesday, April 10, 2013

All down hill from here

9 years have past by and I was living life to its fullest. I went through highschool just like everyone my age. I played in a few bands, hung out with friends, and graduated. I wasn't top of my class or anything but I did get a few certificates for music. At the time I was planning on going through a community college and going to Rowan for a degree in music education. This would be put on hold, well more like completely put away, when my kidneys started failing. In May of 2011 I had a stent put into my ureter. My doctors saw a kink in it and thought that it was the reason for the protein in my urine and for my creatinine going up. This was only a temporary fix.
   In June the doctors tried one last attempt to get my kidneys back into normal function. I would start plasmapheresis. This is when your blood is passed through a machine that seperates your plasma from the rest of your blood. After the seperation a synthetic plasma is replaced into the blood. The reason why the doctors performed this was because my antibodies were beginning to increase and fight against my kidney. With plasmapheresis the synthetic plasma replaces your white blood cells in order for your body to stop fighting the kidney. There was only a 30% chance that this process would work. Needless to say it didn't. I would have to start dialysis in August of 2011 because of ESRD, or end stage renal disease.
  Through all of this I must say I was very lucky for one special event. In April I met a girl by the name of Jessica Gonzalez. In May we decided to officially be together. I have to say that God must have put her in my life at the most perfect time. I needed a person that could help me emotionally and physically during this stressful time. I was having other personal issues that she also was helping me with. She is the love of my life. I could not ask for a more perfect woman. She cares for me in every way that I need. She keeps me level headed in my most depressing times. She is really amazing.
   Next time.... I start the dialysis process.

No comments:

Post a Comment